Hotel Beardsley with Auto.jpg

The Beardsley Hotel was built in 1840, on the corner of Lake and Main Streets in Winsted.  Beardsley Library was established in 1874, 

in the Beardsley Block (near the hotel).

Beardsley Library moved its books into the Memorial Library building on Munro Place, in 1897, and the two libraries consolidated in 1939 and became Beardsley & Memorial Library

Our Resources

  • Archival Collection

  • Audio / Visuals

  • Barbour Collection

  • Biographies

  • Census Records

  • City Directories

  • Compendiums

  • Digital Archives

  • Family History Books 

  • Great Migration Series

  • Headstone Inscriptions

  • Magazines & Journals

  • Map Collection

  • Mayflower Collection

  • Military Resources

  • Newspapers on Microfilm

  • Notebook / Scrapbook Collection

  • Oral History Projects

  • Photographs

  • Postcards

  • Reference Books

  • ​Research Guides

  • Research Files - Family & Town

  • Town, County & State History Books

  • Vital Records

  • Web Access (in-house only) to: Ancestry.com, Find-A-Grave, & FOLD-3 Military Records 

  • Yearbooks & Alumni Books