The Beardsley Library is pleased to offer a home delivery of library materials program called Library2You. Through this program, library materials will be delivered to Barkhamsted, Colebrook or Winsted residents who are permanently or temporarily homebound due to disability or health problems. Senior citizens or others who are unable to drive also qualify for our home delivery service.
Library2You lets you or someone you care about enjoy the collections of the library without having to visit the library building. Whether you like to read books or magazines, watch DVDs, or listen to audiobooks, the library will arrange to have items delivered to and picked up from your home by volunteers or library staff.
Here’s how the program works:
1. The Beardsley Library loans print and audiovisual materials to individuals who qualify for home delivery. (Passes to museums and cultural sites may not be borrowed under this program.)
2. Participants must be residents of Barkhamsted, Colebrook, or Winsted. (They also must complete our simple application form and return it to the library.)
3. Participants must hold a valid Beardsley Library borrower card. Any Barkhamsted, Colebrook, or Winsted resident who wishes to participate in this program but does not have a valid borrower card should request a library card application along with the Library2You application. Application available online.
4. Homebound patrons may borrow up to 15 items at a time, 5 of which can be DVDs.
5. Most materials will be loaned for 3 weeks. Most items for which no other borrower is waiting may be renewed twice. Renewals can be made by telephone or online through our library website.
6. Requests for materials and renewals may be made by telephoning the library at 860.379.6043 or by emailing the library at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Materials will be delivered to and picked up from each participant’s home by library volunteers or library staff. Please call or email the library to arrange for deliveries and returns. Do not return materials by other means unless arrangements have been made in advance with the library staff.
8. Overdue fines are not charged for materials borrowed under this program. However, please return items as promptly as possible. Please do not lend library books and audiovisual items to others.
9. Participants will be charged the replacement cost for materials that are lost and/or damaged while in their care. Less than courteous behavior may cause Library2You to be rescinded.
To Sign Up: